Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ST Ride report - one more time


Today, June 2, 2009

I'll head for home via US 12 from Kamiah to Lolo and from Lolo whichever route suits my mood


Pics for today start here

Left Kamiah at about 0930... breakfast as usual at Lowell... 45min delays for construction... they are putting in culverts. The construction lasted for 23 miles... Round 3 Lolo pass road today (TUE)

I rode Lolo pass road round 1 westbound on FRI... they all took a day off as one of the foreman was killed off duty on his ATV... the workers went to the funeral... I rode round 2 (SAT) eastbound it wasn't an issue, they don't work weekends

After the construction ended at MP111 and after I passed 2 big trucks and 3 motorhome and about 4 cars I only overtook a couple of cars even though I averaged about 70. A soda at Lochsa Lodge, then didn't stop again 'til Missoula when I put in the Tourmaster rain liner... it was getting cool and spitting rain.

I didn't have a close call the entire trip but a lady in a cage managed to cut me off twice in Missoula... it wasn't close but I suspected she just wasn't paying attention so I just turn into the McDucks after she changed into my lane the second time.

I had caught up to an FJR rider at Lolo . He and his buddy were from Salt Lake... they were headed for Seeley lake. Good luck... it was already getting cold.

I hated to do it but I got on the I90 eastbound for Billings. At Drummond, I could not help myself and turned south onto Hwy 1 for the Pintner scenic route. Downright cold up on top of the 6400 foot pass... 42F and starting to rain harder.

Gassed up in Anaconda. GPS showed 249 miles to home. Intended to not stop until Billings but it was raining pretty hard at Bozeman and getting colder yet. I got off at the Bear Rd exit, slid under the overpass and put on the aux. rain gear. Finished the next 130 miles in the rain arriving home about 845pm... and the bike was nearly out of gas... running 80 or so when the pavement was dry it only got about 38mpg.

I was chilled and went inside, Maggie had Lasagne waiting... I started the gas stove and turned the hot tub back up to 102F. We turned it down to 85F so Connor can use it as a pool. He loves the water.

Miles Today - 505 - MAP

Miles for the entire trip - 2804

No comments: