Sunday, June 7, 2009

ST report - we "hoist a glass" to Rick


Yesterday I returned from Calgary after attending ST rider "Starfighter" Rick Wilson's "Hoist a Glass" at the Flight Deck Club near the airport in Calgary. I'm really glad I went. Good turnout. It was a bittersweet thing. Rick passed away recently and all his many friends been dealing with his passing. There were a least 150 people at the Flight Deck.

I did enjoy listening to Rick's F-104 buddies talking about their Air Force experiences in Germany. And it was not surprising to hear how well respected he was in the Canadian Air Force and at West Jet.

On the way home I stopped in the little Air Museum in Nanton, Alberta. I signed the guestbook thanking Rick for his service to his country.


I put the pics from the trip in the BearSTOC 2009 Memorial Ride folder on my Smugmug site.

No comments: