Saturday, August 29, 2009

WeSTOC 09 - beat the heat

I'm in Eureka, I didn't fare well in the heat. I caught up to Carl at Austin, NV... he watched me eat while he had a chocolate shake.

At Eureka I was a bit dizzy and heartrate was over 100 so I got a room. Went to the grocery store to get something to eat and ran into a cross country cyclist. A bit more than cross country he has cycled across the USA from Orlando to Virginia Beach to D.C. to Philly to NYC to Boston to Toronto to Detroit to Chicago to Sioux City to SD to Rapid City and on and on and now is in Eureka, NV

I left him $50 as I am about to sneak out of the hotel room I shared with him. Anybody want to chip in? He is so close to making it to San Fransisco... his travelogue is on facebook Charles John Wood from Manchester England. I'm in contact with him I'll figure out how to get him the money if you guys want to help. He is going to University for Architecture

No comments: