Friday, June 25, 2010

ST content - CoSTOC Day 3 - Hot Ride


After the respit from the heat (I got a motel in Wheatland)

Blew on to Loveland via the Superslab... something I rarley do except where there isn't much to look at. And there isn't south of Wheatland.

Arriving in Lovland there was no one at the campground or the hotel yet. I rode up to Estes Park and over to my brothers in Boulder via 7. The disorganisers touted the beautiful vistas and the twisty roads. They didn't say anything about the heat and the traffic. I began to look for a palce to camp in a higher elevation than down in Loveland but didn't really come up with anything. This is a hard place to find a stealth camping spot.

I'm glad I settled for the Riverview in Loveland. But only because I had a great time with Lost Brit, Mile High and Smash from STOwners

I took one picture all day... not much to see, and the heat, I didn't want to stop!

picture just the one

route

Summary
Overall
Time: 07:29:25
Distance: 253.22 mi
Elevation Gain: 13,460 ft

Time: 07:29:25
Moving Time: 04:53:15
Elapsed Time: 08:08:51
Avg Speed: 33.8 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 51.8 mph
Max Speed: 97.1 mph

Elevation
Elevation Gain: 13,460 ft
Elevation Loss: 13,063 ft
Min Elevation: 4,721 ft
Max Elevation: 7,924 ft

Heart Rate
Avg HR: 85 bpm
Max HR: 109 bpm

No comments: